Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pink Paws at NZ's Armageddon Expo

Jess from New Zealand was able to attend Auckland’s Armageddon Expo last weekend where Bronson came as a guest. He came to represent the cast of New Moon all by himself. He represented well! Here is her account with meeting Bronson and basically a whole review of the Expo!

OMG what can I say New Zealand never gets any Twilight Saga cast members here, that was until “MrsCedward” (YAAY thankyou so much) told me a “wolf” was coming to Auckland’s Armageddon Expo this month I HAD TO GO!!!! For about a month and a half I begged my parents to let me go, since Armageddon was in Auckland, and I live in Palmerston North which is pretty much a 7-9 hour drive away, the answer was always “NO” ): So being a stubborn person I persevered and managed to convince my dad to take my friend and I up to Auckland to see Bronson (:

When we got to the ASB Arena it was like 8:45am and the doors didn’t open till 9am so it was PACKED!!!! My friend and I got some “weird” looks from people who were obviously anti-twilight fans, because we were wearing twilight tops, but we couldn’t care . So when the doors opened I pretty much felt so out of place because it was a lot of sci-fi stuff, but then I found all these stalls that were selling heaps of different Twilight/New Moon merch. We went to the Hoytz Cinema stall where they were playing the New Moon trailer, so Sarah and I just stood there watching the whole thing, while the three guys manning the stall pretty much laughed at us. At 11:20am we headed over to where they were having the celebrity photos, at that point Jason Mormor (from Stargate posb?) was having his photos taken. Bronson wasn’t due until 12:10pm but there was already a line forming. We met three girls and a guy that had travelled from Marton (just before Palmy) to Auckland to meet Bronson.

At about 12:05pm I was fully excited to meet Bronson, AND then he arrives, HOTNESS AND ALL!!!!!! Wearing his ray bans, a t-shirts with New Zealand on it (cuuuuuute!), epic as jeans, and mint white shoes, with a pounamu around his neck. He was so ADORABLE! He was like hugging everyone and laughing! So when it was our turn, I got out pink paws out and held them up while Bronson PUT HIS ARMS AROUND US!!! (Yuuuussss) and he goes “can’t forget the paws” while laughing. After the photo he gave us both a hug and we were pretty much shaking with excitement after, so I continued to stand on the side taking photos for half an hour along with 20 other girls, OMG at points he would look at all the cameras on the side too! My friend had to literally drag me away because I couldn’t leave on my own free will haaahah we also had to go because we had to get a good seat for his question and answer panel, which was at 1:10pm plus I also had to text my dad to come and video the whole of the panel. At 1:05pm they started playing the Twilight soundtrack to get the atmosphere going, THEN BRONSON WALKS IN (*sighhhhh), he is then introduced onto stage and literally every single camera went off for about 5 minutes non-stop.

Throughout the panel Bronson was so down to earth and answered every question honestly . We learnt that he got kicked out of high school for unknown reasons (which seemed to amuse him because he went off into a thought), his hidden talent which is so CUTE! He does this thing with his mouth where he gets a invisible piece of string and lifts one side of his mouth up at a time. Two people (one was a guy lol) asked him to show the audience his abs (; but he said “were gonna have to watch the movie to see them”. We also learnt that out of all of the countries he has visited New Zealand is his FAVOURITE!!! And that he is definitely coming back for a holiday here, he also said New Zealand looks like Vancouver (*hint hint Summit, film Breaking Dawn in NZ). Someone then asked him what his worst sexual experience was, haha I think he got a bit flustered there, he said he would tell us but there were “little people/ears” there.

At one point Bronson came into the audience for about 40 minutes to ask questions, everyone kept asking him for hugs. Autographs and photos and he was too happy to oblige so he did it all. One kid gave him chocolate and he was like “you guys like giving me chocolate don’t you” which he then ate later on stage. A few times Bronson was literally right in front of me, that if wanted to I could’ve grabbed his hand/arm and pulled and he would be right next to me (it was AMAZINGGG! I think I took a pic of his arm) I have the whole panel recorded so I’m trying to get that online so look out for it (: Bronson is seriously such a down to earth guy, he’s so chilled and isn’t fazed out by his fame, he also LOVES and respects his fans, which I find so adorable.

At 3pm I went and picked up my photo with Bronson and went to line up to get an autograph, hi line was literally round the corner from where he was. I waited about 45 minutes for an autograph. When we finally got to him he looked so exhausted and tired (poor baby), he asked what team we were on which we replied with “Edward” then Sarah went “ohh and Jasper” Haah I forgot to go “Jared of course!” because I am now. He wrote (right handed btw) on a photo of the wolf pack “To Jess & Sarah From “Jared” his signature and a paw print along with xoxo” Cuuuuuute! We thanked him in which he replied with “no problem” and a dazzling smile!! I almost jumped over the table because of his hot ass accent!! All in all I had the best day EVER, all thanks to Bronson Pelletier! It was seriously worthwhile travelling all that way to meet him. If you EVER get the opportunity to meet Bronson Pelletier TAKE IT UP!!! You will NOT be disappointed, he loves his fans and is happy to give hugs, autographs, photos and even accepts the gifts his fans give him. He has a genuine personality and is so down to earth. It was a privilege to meet him and I hope he enjoyed his time in New Zealand and comes back soon. Thanks Bronson for giving me the best experience a twilight fan could ask for. If Bronson ever reads this on behalf of New Zealand we thank you Bronson for taking your time to come to New Zealand for Armageddon, we hope you had loads of fun and can’t wait to see you back here, Happy 23rd birthday for the 31st of December from all the Twilight fans that were at Armageddon and all the others throughout New Zealand.


-Jess J

I'm glad Bronson had a fun time in New Zealand and he represented the Twilight cast well. He was able to convert Jess into a Wolf Girl w/out much effort. Basically being cheerful! LOL. Can't wait to meet him at TwiTour!

XOXO PinkPaws

Become a Fan of Pink Paws