Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Julia Jones: I was teased for Modeling


by Team Bloginity

Julia Jones felt “alienated” throughout her teen years because everyone made fun of the fact she was a model.

The star posed for magazines throughout her teen years, stopping when she reached college because her job made her too separate from her peers. She says her fellow students constantly made fun of her magazine covers and billboards and teased her for coming to class with her make-up still on after a shoot.

“From that point, that’s sort of where I got alienated from my peers. When you start modeling, you do all those teen magazines, which is what everybody was reading at the time,” she explained to WWD.com. “So that, combined with the fact that I’d come to class with, like, sparkles in my hair from shoots. I mean, I just looked ridiculous.”

The 29-year-old former model appears in Eclipse, the latest installment in the Twilight film franchise.

She admits it was difficult to make the change from modeling to acting, saying she spent 25 hours a week with acting coach Susan Batson to ensure she didn’t looking completely unconvincing.

“I found [Batson] through models because she takes pretty people and teaches [them] how to act,” Jones says. “But she was really hardcore.”

SOURCE: Blognity.com Article Link Here

Become a Fan of Pink Paws