Monday, November 30, 2009

Creme Magazine's interview with Bronson and scans from the Mag

Creme Magazine is a New Zealand tween magazine, they caught up with Bronson when he visited New Zealand for the Armageddon Expo. I have also scanned the article for your viewing BROSESSED pleasure :). Enjoyy

We were super excited at Creme last month to actually get to see a member of the wolfpack in the flesh in NZ! Bronson Pelletier, who plays Jared in New Moon was in Auckland to meet as many of his fans as possible.

BRONSON'S FACT FILE

FULL NAME: Bronson Pelletier
BORN: December 31, 1986
OTHER ROLES: Played Jack Sinclair in a TV show, renegadepress.com
FAV SPORT: Ice Hockey
FAV FOOD: Spaghetti
FAV SCHOOL SUBJECT: Gym
LEAST FAV: Maths
FAV SUPERHERO: Harry Potter
ACTORS HE'D MOST LIKE TO WORK WITH: Benicio Del Toro or Mickey Rourke
CELEB CRUSH: "I've really got a crush on Scarlett Johannson. She's really hot."
A ROVE-ISH QUESTION...WHO HE'D TURN GAY FOR: "Tay Lautner. He's a stud muffin, isn't he?"

Creme caught up with Bronson at the Armageddon Expo, where he'd had a massive few days and was also preparing himself for a mammoth month ahead. The day we caught up with him he was flying out to Vancouver, his home, where he was spending just one night before he was due in Paris for a work appearance. He didn't even want to think past Paris because his schedule was so chock-a-block! He was super keen though to talk all about New Moon, Eclipse, his massive love for NZ and loads of on-set goss!

How are you enjoying NZ? Did you get a chance to do some sight-seeing?

I went to Waiheke Island - it was really nice there. I did the sky jump and that's about it. I'm going to come back to New Zealand though. I wanna come back on vacation. I love it here. Honestly!

Are you Team Edward or Jacob?

Of course I'm Team Jacob. Werewolves all the way!

Chaske Spencer, who plays Sam Uley, says you're a real jokester. What trouble did you cause on set?

What trouble didn't i cause?!?!! I put clear plastic cling wrap over the guys' toilets, that was probably the worst! I joked around on set all the time and brought a lot of energy - that's probably why Chaske said that. Taylor also said I was a joker and really fitted the character - that's pretty cool!

Where are you upto with the filming on the movies? Has anything been different to the books?

We just finished Eclipse. You know what? They didn't include Kim in the movie, so I didn't get my on-screen kiss. I was really looking forward to that too!

What was your fav scene you've filmed so far?

I didn't get to film the Eclipse crazy werewolf and vampire fight with the newborns, but I really liked that scene. I watched them shoot it and it was really interesting to watch. It was all done with CGI so it was good to watch! My favourite scene to film was when I had to jump off this 50ft scaffolding and they didn't have a stunt person who fit my description, so I got to do my own stunts. I first did a 30ft jump and I had butterflies in my stomach. I jumped off and then took it up to the 50 ft. And finally they were like, "Are you comfortable? We're going to throw you off the 50ft." I wasn't that happy about being thrown off - jumping myself wasn't so bad, but being thrown wasn't my thing. That's definately going on my resume that I did my own stunts!

How'd you get this job?

I auditioned for Embry first then I got a call back for Quill. But, to be honest, I didn't really know what the movie was - I know! My bad! Then I went and did my research and found out it was this huge project. So when I came into that next audition I was a little more nervous! A lot was on the line! I did that one for Quill and then three weeks later they called me and told me I got the role. I was like, "YES!" Literally jumping up and down on the street! Then two weeks before filming they sent me the script and all the bits for Jared were underlined for me, and I was like, "What? What's going on here?" But it's great coz Jared was one of the first to join in the wolf pack and is Sam Uley's right hand man, so I was even more pumped.

What was the most difficult part of filming?

We did it in August and had to do it without our shirts, so it was pretty chilly. Then we had fake rain coming up on top of us - it wasn't warmed up, it was cold. This was all in the middle of a really cold spring. There was one point where they did a really wide shot, so normally we had people on the sides of the shot with warm-up coats and stuff, but they were so far away. We were all freezing and between shots the wolf pack would run behind trees and stand all together like in a rugby pack to stay warm.

Are you worried about what's ahead of you with the fans and paparazzi? Like what's been happening to Robert Pattinson?

He was warning me about it, actually. He said, "Trust me. As soon as the movie comes out, you guys aren't going to be able to go anywhere." At home we have this SkyTrain. It's like, ah, a train in the sky, ha ha, probably why it's called the SkyTrain! Anyway, I like catching the SkyTrain coz it's so quick. It takes so long having to drive everywhere, coz it's so hard to get around justing driving. So Rob told me I won't be able to take the SkyTrain after this movie, which sucks!

What's been your weirdest fan experience so far?

I had someone ask me for my cellphone number, my home address and my postcode. I played this guy called Jack in this other movie and she said to me, "Can I just call you Jack?" Ahh... so I sort of stopped talking to her and she got angry, so I said sorry and she said, "Ok, if I see you again though, I'm going to kill you!" Eeeeeeeeek. That was weird.

Have you had any cool celeb encounters?

I once got to sit down with Samuel L. Jackson and he's such a great guy. He went through all the things about the industry, what you should do, what you shouldn't do and gave me some really valuable advice.

Have you ever met Taylor Swift?

No, I've never met her. She came on set a little while ago, but i wasn't there that day.

What's Taylor Lautner Like?

Oh he's so great. He's a really nice guy. His parents brought him up really well, he's got good manners - a real please-and-thank-you kind of guy. Wouldn't really give him sugar though. He does this amazing trick - it's like useless trick number four hunred and something. You can pick up a grape and throw it as far as you want, like a football field away, and he'll catch it in his mouth. One after another! Believe me, we had a heap of time on our hands making those movies!

Out of the Cullens, whos your fav?

I like Alice. Sh's hot. Out of the Volturi - I like Daniel (Cudmore), he played Colossus in X-Men and I like Cameron Bright. Oh and Charlie (Bewley) - he's a funny guy.

Did it make you nervous knowing you'd have to take your shirt off a lot in this movie?

Nah, I don't have to worry about it too much. I have the gift of the gab to fall back on!

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

I play a lot of video games. I can play them for hours and hours and hours at a time. I love watching cartoons too. Sometimes my friends will ask if I wanna go out with them and i'll be like, "Nah, I can't I've got heaps of work stuff to do!" When actually I just wanna stay home and watch cartoons.

You've been doing a lot of travelling lately. Where's been your faviourite place so far?

New Zealand. I'm not just saying that either, I really love it here. I'm definately coming back.

Any advice for getting into acting?

First things first, get an agent. Shop around for one of those. Get prepared for a lot of rejection. Always move forward. Always push forward coz you've gotta have a lot of drive in this industry.

BRONSON TALKS ABOUT LUUURVE...

DO YOU HAVE A NEW MOON ROMANCE? ASK OUT ANY OF YOUR CAST MATES?

No I haven't. I've made the mistake of mixing business with pleasure before and never again will I date someone I work with!

IS ANYONE DATING?, LIKE, I DON'T KNOW, SAY KRISTEN AND ROB?

Sorry, I honestly don't know the answer to that question!

WOULD YOU GO OUT WITH A KIWI GIRL?

Oh heck yeah!

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GIRL?

I like a good sense of humour, because I like a good laugh.

I LOVED that interview! I hope he comes back to New Zealand *cross fingers* and YAY for Kiwi Girls.... i so happen to be one... WOOOOOOOOO. xD. Brosessed over and out.

Become a Fan of Pink Paws