Thursday, November 19, 2009

Patricia's New Moon movie review

It seems so surreal to me that I have watched New Moon already, and got to watch it before most of the world, because New Zealand, for some reason, got it before some countries like the U.S.A and England.

New Moon was completely different from Twilight, the most obvious reason being, Twilight is a different story in Bellas life, but thats not what I'm trying to point out. The difference I spotted straight away is how Chris Weitz work is totally different to Catherine Hardwickes. I love both of their work and I must say, Chris nailed it with the Vampire make up and the actual wolves visual effects.

So fans of the books want to see exactly what is important to them in the books. Fans of the books also want to see the actors portray the characters accurately. BIG expectations there for the actors. I have to say BIG UPS TO TAYLOR LAUTNER!! wooooooooohhhoooooooooooo, man did he nail Jacob! He was EXACTLY Jacob Black AND can I just say, he looked SOOO amazing....REEOOOWWW!! When he took of his top there was screaming in the cinema!
Lol okay back to ummm... reviewing...

So our main boys Sam (Chaske), Paul (Alex), Embry (Kiowa), Jared (Bronson<3) and Quil (Tyson) hardly got any screen time. But did so well, Chaske you are the perfect Sam Uley!. I felt their scenes were rushed and there should have been more scenes with them in it! reason being... New Moon introduces the Twilight world to the Wolfpack/Warewolves, Bella spends alot of time at La Push also. I am disappointed they spent more time showing Bella mope around the place.

For all the new fans, I advise you read the books or at least New Moon. I promise you, that the movie is not ENOUGH, you will appreciate the story, the emotions and everything in between more. I loved the movie, but I gotta say that I love the book better. This decision is slightly because there needed to be more Wolfpack scenes (am i biased or what??).

TEAM WOLFPACK!!

Become a Fan of Pink Paws